You should make your application in writing to the Superintendent in charge of the district where you live.

If you no longer live in Ireland, write to the Superintendent for the district where you use to live.

If you leave your application into your local Garda station for forwarding to the Superintendent for the district, you should take note of the Garda’s name or shoulder number.

Your application in writing should include the following:

You should also include with your application:

Your application will take approximately 3 weeks to process.

For more information, visit the official website.

To use the document you will need to get it Legalised by the Department of Foreign Affairs and then approved by the Chinese Embassy in Dublin.

It is possible to get a certified true copy of the document in China by the Irish Embassy/Consulate which may be sufficient for the Public Security Bureau in China, but it is not the correct method and could lead to rejection of your application.